Please read the following terms and conditions before making your purchase from The Flower Bulb Company as they affect your rights and liabilities.
The Flower Bulb Company is bounded by the Distance Selling Regulations.
By purchasing goods from theflowerbulbcompany.co.uk you enter a legally binding agreement with us on the following terms. These terms describe the basis for purchase by you and sale by us of the products described on this website.
Definitions and interpretation
In these terms the following words have the following meanings:
The contract for the sale and purchase of the Goods;
The UK including Northern Ireland and Channel Islands.
The range of plants and home goods which are available for purchase from our Website in accordance with the terms;
Our presence online, accessible via the address www.theflowerbulbcompany.co.uk;
The Seller, we, or us:
The Flower Bulb Company.
Basis of the sale
- An agreement for us to sell you Goods is made on these terms when we accept an order made by you via our Website. The description of the Goods, the price, insurance and delivery costs are set out in the order page. We will confirm acceptance of your order on-screen.
- We aim to give you a clear idea of the nature of the plants we sell. However, you appreciate that there are inevitably slight variations in size, shape and colour between different specimens. Illustrations, descriptions other information as to particular plants are approximate and for guidance only. We may in our sole discretion from time to time vary the nature of the Goods from that advertised without notice to you, so long as these variations are not material alterations.
- Some items are available to order but are not in stock. These items will be labelled ‘available on backorder’ or ‘available within 2 – 4 weeks’. Please allow sufficient time for delivery on these items. Very occasionally, especially during busy periods, it can take our growers and suppliers some time to send these to us and they may exceed the time limit suggested. If these items are not available you will be refunded.
Details of the order
- The quantity, quality and description of the Goods will be those set out in your order (if accepted by us).
- Orders are accepted at our sole discretion but are normally accepted if the Goods are available, the order reflects current pricing, you are based in the Delivery Area and your credit or account card is authorised for the transaction.
- The Goods which can be ordered via our Website are only available for delivery to you if you are based in our Delivery Area.
- On placing your order on the Website, you will receive an electronic confirmation.
Price of the Goods
- If the price of the Goods increases between the date we accept your order and the delivery date, we will let you know and ask you to confirm by e-mail that the new price is acceptable. If it is not acceptable then you will of course have the option of cancelling the order.
- Our charges for transport, packaging and insurance are detailed on the order page and form the Delivery Charge.
- We are not registered for VAT.
- Please note prices of items may differ between different outlets and special offers are usually only available through the outlet stated.
- We will charge your payment account for payment upon receipt of order unless delivery cannot be fulfilled. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the right payment details.
- If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the Goods from your account on delivery of the Goods to you, we can cancel the Contract or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- We will take all reasonable care to keep all information connected with your order secure. We do not hold payment details as payment is handled by PayPal. Therefore we cannot be held liable for any loss that you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any data via PayPal, including credit and account details you provide when accessing or ordering from this Website.
- Occasionally an item advertised on the Website may be out of stock but has not registered as so yet on the Website. Should this occur you will receive a refund for that item.
Coupons and discount codes
- Usually only one discount or coupon code can be applied to each shopping basket. Some coupons may also be of single use. All coupons will be restricted in the total number that can be used so occasionally you may find a coupon code has expired within the offer period. Having a coupon code does not automatically grant the discount as the coupon may have expired or the offer is over.
- Unless otherwise stated, discount codes (including those offered/displayed by third parties) do not apply to post & packaging charges.
- Discount codes and coupons may not apply to all product categories.
- More than one can be used per purchase.
- Gift vouchers can be used for any item on the website, although there may occasionally be exclusions.
- The whole value of a gift voucher will be applied as a cart discount. If there is more than £5 left after using a £10 voucher, we will send you another voucher to the value of £5. If you have less than £5 left we will refund the remainder of the voucher after your order has been placed, both within a reasonable time scale.
- Should you cancel an order paid for using gift vouchers we will re-validate your gift vouchers, however this remains at our discretion. Post & packaging payments will not be refunded.
- We reserve the right to alter the valid period of a gift voucher. However this should not be less than 1 year from purchase except in unforseen circumstances. In the unlikely event of a change in the valid period, we will try to inform purchasers via the email address they registered with us at purchase.
- We will deliver the Goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that this address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the Goods left if you are out when we deliver. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the Goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions.
- We will aim to deliver within the quoted time frame but delivery times are not guaranteed. If delivery is delayed due to any cause beyond our reasonable control, we will contact you to advise you that the delivery date will have to be extended.
- We do charge different delivery rates for Highlands, Islands and N. Ireland for parcels over 4kg in weight. Please see Delivery & returns.
Risk and ownership
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you or, if you fail to take delivery at the agreed time, the time when we tried to deliver.
- You will only own the Goods once they have been successfully delivered and when we have received cleared payment in full. Goods supplied are not for resale.
Returns/Options to cancel
- Please read our Returns and Cancellation Policy
- We aim to provide high quality plants and products to our customers. In the case of goods other than plants, they will be subject to their manufacturer’s warranty. We undertake that goods will be in good condition at the time of delivery and will be of the type ordered, or if that type is not available we will let you know by email and, if possible, suggest a suitable alternative which is available. If you do not want the alternative suggested, you will be entitled to order another or cancel your order, as you wish.
- The availability, price and colour of plants we sell to you may vary according to natural and seasonal variations. Plants may be subject to some variation within their colour, height, flowering period and other specifications.
- Please be aware that plants are a perishable item and all care will be taken with their postage and delivery. However there may be reasons beyond our control that mean plants do not perform as they should – e.g. weather, soil conditions, planting position. Please follow our planting guidelines to ensure optimum performance as we cannot place a warranty on plants.
- If you have a valid claim in respect of any of Goods which is based on any defect in their quality or condition or their failure to meet specification in accordance with the Contract, and you have returned the Goods within a reasonable time, you will be entitled to choose either a refund of the price of the Goods or replacement Goods free of charge.
- We shall not be liable to you in connection with any contract, in tort (including negligence), contract or otherwise for any loss of profit, anticipated savings or data that your business may suffer.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- We will continually improve the Goods, so changes to them may be made at any time. We will use reasonable commercial endeavours to keep the Website up to date but the information and specifications given are for your information only and are subject to change without notice. Images on the Website are generally accurate but variations in colour, shape and size must be expected.
- The content of the Website is directed solely at those who access the site from addresses within the Delivery Area.
- We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other web sites to which this Website has links.
Matters out of our control
We will not be liable to you or in breach of the Contract for delay or failure to perform due to a cause beyond our reasonable control.
- All of the written, photographic, design and audio content of the Website together with the selection and arrangement of it and all software compilations are our copyrighted property or that of the people who have granted to us the right to use it and is protected as such. All rights reserved.
- None of this material may be used without our written permission. You may download or print a single copy for your own non-commercial off-line viewing.
- All names, logos, slogans, or other phrases may be a trade mark of ours or another person or corporation.
- Exceptions: some images of individual flower varieties have been obtained under Open Licence and can be used by anyone wishing to promote flower bulbs. Other images of flowers however remain copyrighted, either by us, or we have paid to use them. PLEASE CONTACT US SHOULD YOU WISH TO USE ANY FLOWER IMAGES AS THEY MAY BE COPYRIGHTED.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this Website and these terms at any time.
- If you wish to complain about any aspect of our service, please email us at email@example.com.
- Emails to you will be to the address you specify to us. It is important that you give us an accurate and valid e-mail address and contact telephone number and tell us of any changes to them.
- If either we or you fail to enforce a right under these terms, that failure will not stop us or you from enforcing the other rights, or the same type of right on a later occasion.
- To the extent that any provision of these terms is found by any court or competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will be deemed not to be a part of these terms, it will not affect the enforceability of the remainder of these terms nor will it affect the validity, lawfulness or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction.
- The headings in these terms are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- These terms will be governed by English law and any disputes will be resolved exclusively by the English Courts.
Poppy Cottage Garden season tickets
Season ticket terms & conditions:
Season tickets for entrance to Poppy Cottage Garden are available for £7.50.
- This covers unlimited entrance to the garden during normal opening times* for the ticket holder for one calendar year and ends on December 31st (or at autumn closing if sooner).
- The ticket is non-transferable to another person.
- The ticket contains a code which allows 10% off at www.theflowerbulbcompany.co.uk – this can be used twice in one calendar year for your spring-flowering and summer-flowering bulb orders.
- The 10% off code is only applicable online at www.theflowerbulbcompany.co.uk and does not apply to plants bought from Poppy Cottage Garden.
- Season tickets cannot be used in conjunction with other offers e.g.Gardeners’ World 241 entrance.
- This does not assume entry for the ticket holder to the garden if the garden is shut during normal opening times for any reason e.g. adverse weather, shut for a function or any other reason.
- The season ticket may not include entrance to special events – please check the details of the special event.
*Normal opening times are 12.30 to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 11am to 5pm Sunday, last entry 4.30 pm. The garden may be shut during this time for any reason, although this is unlikely, in very bad weather please check our social media accounts for news.